Friday 15 August 2008

Mark Ronson signs The Rumble Strips

Mark Ronson has signed British five-piece The Rumble Strips to his own record label, the first band on Ronson's new Allido label.

Mark Ronson is also set to produce the second album by The Rumble Strips. Recording will take place this September, with a view to releasing some time early next year, spring 2009.

It is the follow up to their acclaimed debut album, Girls and Weather, which reached number 70 in the album chart in September last year.

Ronson explained in a statement how he first became aware of The Rumble Strips when he heard their cover of Amy Winehouse's 'Back To Black', the original of which Ronson produced."I came across The Rumble Strips through their cover of 'Back To Black', and Amy and I agreed it was kind of better than our own," he said."I picked up their album and fell in love with it," he continued. "Then I decided I wanted to sign them to my label and work on their next album. It was really as straightforward as that. We're all very excited about this."

The Rumble Strips are due to tour the UK in October.

No comments: